Ask Us A Question About Your Case
Sughrue Law is a boutique criminal defense law firm solely dedicated to defending federal criminal matters. Led by Attorney Douglas Sughrue, our firm is committed to educating you about the legal process to ensure you have a clear understanding of the risks and penalties that come with being accused of a federal crime.
Why Sughrue Law?
- Licensed to practice in federal courts across various circuits in the U.S.
- Familiar and experienced with federal criminal court judges and prosecutors
- Calls and emails returned within the same day or within 24 hours
- Meetings conveniently conducted face-to-face, by phone or via video chat
- No surprise attorney fees
- Open and upfront communications about legal risks and criminal penalties
A Federal Crime Requires an Experienced Federal Criminal Attorney
We handle a broad range of criminal offenses and can provide aggressive legal representation for:
- White Collar Crimes
- Drug Trafficking Conspiracies
- Firearm Violations
- Violent Crimes
- Computer or Internet Cybercrimes
- Human Trafficking
Meet Attorney Douglas Sughrue
Douglas Sughrue is a federal criminal defense attorney who has handled thousands of cases throughout his 17-year law career. By focusing his efforts on criminal law, Attorney Sughrue is on top of changing legislation, well versed in appellate decisions and committed to educating clients about the federal court process.
Educating clients and family members about the process of a criminal matter is vitally important to Attorney Sughrue. While he is committed to communicating and defending clients in an open, upfront manner, Attorney Sughrue is often described as being both confident and aggressive in the courtroom.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit and 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern District of West Virginia
- State of Pennsylvania 1999
- Supreme Court of Appeals, West Virginia
- S. Finance, West Virginia University, 1995
- D. Duquesne University School of Law, 1999
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association — Immediate Past Chair of Criminal Litigation Section
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Association of Trial Lawyers